WIN unites the independent music industry around the world, enabling independents to exchange knowledge, extract best practices and exert our collective strength.
For more detail on our mission and priorities, click here. To see what we have achieved so far, visit our 15 Defining Moments. Access documents and resources here.
- Facilitate networking and collaboration, joining up independent music markets in the world to remain competitive in today’s globalised music economy.
- Build capacity, helping independent music trade associations be more sustainable by providing support, resources and organising events like WINCON.
- Foster associativity, aiding independent music companies in emerging markets build local structures and coordinating regional networks.
- Collate market intelligence about the independent sector, publishing WINTEL and collaborating with projects like OLMI.
- Champion the value of independent labels and indie-led organisations like Merlin.
- Promote best practices, advocating for transparency and fairness with artists with the Fair Digital Deals and promoting equality, diversity and sustainability in our sector.
- Coordinate global action against market concentration and other abuses.
- Return more value to the sector, assisting independents navigate the complex and ever-changing world of international performance rights management and promoting best practices for MLCs.
- Develop innovative tools to standardise and simplify rights management, like the Repertoire Data Exchange (RDx).
Facilitate networking and collaboration, joining up independent music markets in the world.
Foro de Independientes del Cono Sur is an itinerant summit of independent music companies and professionals promoted by WIN and the LatAm Network.
Collaborative platforms that contribute to the development of the music sector in their own markets and across the region.
WIN’s annual conference for the network of independent music trade associations.
Assistance to navigate the complex and ever-changing world of international performance rights management.
WIN is a focal point for collecting and sharing knowledge about the independent sector at national and international level.